Wednesday, December 22, 2010

V Berth

     I haven't been out at the boat doing much work the last couple of days because a really good friend was in town staying with us.  I know, I know... it seems I have a never ending list of reasons I haven't been getting as much done as I want.  I did get out for a bit today though.

     I started out by filling up my car with stuff and carting it home.  Today was the lockers in the cockpit.  Life jackets, oars, lots of rope, and a bunch of assorted junk I don't even know what it is.  I can't believe how much stuff I'm pulling out of there.  I need to figure out how to get my landlord to build me a bigger shed to put all this stuff in.  Good luck with that one.

     When I got home and unloaded all the crap I got out the skill saw and cut out some pieces of plywood to fill in the v berth section I previously made the cardboard layouts for.  I purposely cut them a little bigger than I thought I would need and then went back to the marina.

     A little bit of sanding and they slid right into place.  I drilled a hole in the (approximate) center of each piece to make them easier to get out.  They need to be primed and painted still, but that is going to have to wait for another day.

     I cut out a piece of cardboard for the opening on the bottom side and took that home.  It was starting to get dark so it just got thrown in the barn with the saw and plywood.  I haven't decided if this piece should be permanently installed or if I should make a track for it so it can slide up and out of the way.  Eventually this is where the holding tank for the head will go, but it is a nice added storage compartment until that happens.

No comments: