Thursday, December 9, 2010

December 6, 2010

     I intended to start sanding down the head and locker today, but after about 5 minutes I decided that job is on hold until I buy an electric sander of some kind.  I wandered into the salon and started taking off some trim pieces, and before I knew it I had the starboard side emptied out, including the backrest.  I wasn’t originally planning on it, but the supports back there really needed some help.  I have a couple of ideas on how to reinforce this are a bit more, as well as getting some storage out of what was previously just wasted space.  I think I’m going to extend the back rest up to the built in shelf there, with dividers and access hatches of some sort.

     While doing this I pulled back a lot of the wires back to the panel so decided to just keep on going and pulling that out as well.  This is what it looked like when I started.  If you can see, the bottom of the fuse panel is labeled “Pearson Yachts”.  Must be original, but I’m pretty sure this baby doesn’t qualify as a yacht.







     The mess of wire inside the panel was incredibly tangled, frustrating, and confusing beyond belief.  I traced out everything I could figure out, did a lot of labeling, drew up a wiring diagram, and then started cutting. 

     At this point my feet started getting cold, so I wussed out and headed for home.  Maybe working on a boat in December, while it is still in the water, isn’t the best idea I’ve ever had.  I think I’ll try to redo the above masterpiece to make it a bit more readable.  That way I can “work” at home while keeping the piggies warm.

No comments: