Friday, December 10, 2010

Both boats today

     I started today by going for my last power boat ride of the season.  It didn't last very long because it is cold out there!  I then pulled it out of the water for the year with the help of my amazingly helpful neighbor.  The dock looks lonely without the boat there.  I then had to scrape the bottom to get rid of all the creatures that decided to take up residence on the hull.  I then had to keep my dog from eating all the scrapings.  Great, now he smells like a fish again.

     I did a little work on the sailboat today as well.  I finished sanding most of the parts of the head and locker I couldn't reach with the power sander and then had to clean up a lot of dust.  Then I got to put on a coat of primer to these areas.  What an amazing difference that made.  The only part I didn't get done in there was the floor of the head.  A sander isn't cutting it in there, I'm going to have to grind it down I think.  No pictures today because I forgot the camera, but I'm sure one will show up eventually.

     On the way out I pulled all the chain off the boat to get it out of the way during the renovation.  I won't need it for a while and it just keeps getting in the way.  Of course it was so rusted together that I couldn't get the sections separated.  Moving two 5 gallon buckets of chain attached to each other is so much fun.  I added them to the growing pile of stuff in my shed and called it a day.

    

No comments: