Wednesday, January 12, 2011

     Today I cut out the larger piece for the icebox cover and brought it out for a test fit.  I'm pretty impressed with how well the back edge turned out, especially considering I cut it with a skill saw.  Unfortunately, I somehow screwed up the front edge.  The part touching the engine box supports is about a quarter of an inch short of what it should be.  Thankfully I'm dutch so I have a hard time throwing things away.  Digging through the scrap pile I found a piece that will fill this perfectly.  I just need to glue it in place. 










     I then proceeded to remove all the work I've done in this area.  Strange how empty it seems now.  I figured now was probably going to be the easiest it gets as far as removing the galley to clean out and paint underneath of it.  Lots of scrubbing, lots of sanding, lots of cleaning up, and lots of priming.  My arms are going to hurt something fierce tomorrow.  I got the first coat of primer on the whole inside of the galley Assembly, the engine and battery boxes, and the area where the galley sits.  With the heater on inside it was plenty warm enough for the primer.  I'm going to have to put on at least a second coat before reassembling everything, and a coat or two of paint if I decide to go this route.  I might just leave underneath and inside the galley in the white primer if it looks OK.  It is the same stuff I did my stucco porch in New Orleans in, and that is still holding up well even after 5 years, so I think that would work.  I hope it will anyways. 

     I found the third "234" on a piece holding in the galley.  This one was written in pencil rather than being scribed in.  Makes it a lot easier to read than the others.  If I still had questions about the number they are squashed now.

No comments: