Friday, January 21, 2011

Pleasantly Surprised

     I was pleasantly surprised today when I went out to the boat.  The coat of paint underneath the galley looked great, and was dry enough to put it back together.  Because it was laying on its side when I painted the inside, I had to give the part that is towards the engine space a coat of primer and will paint it later.  I also got the bottom side of the starboard side galley piece primed.  I will hit it with a coat of paint before putting it in place because it will be removable, and the top side will be covered with a laminate.

     With the galley back in place and secured, I moved back over to the icebox.  I wasn't happy with the way the conduit curved around, so I redid it making it a straight shot.  I will have to do my cardboard template for where it comes out, but I think I'll manage.  Should be easier to run wires that way.  I put on the front piece and screwed it into place.  The cardboard you see on the right is a quick trial piece to figure out how and where to set up the panel.  I'm going to need to figure out how high the seat back will be before I make anything permanent.  Always seems like something else needs to be done before you can finish working on the current project.  The plan is to have most of this be a door on a hinge with just the edges permanently installed.  This should make it a lot easier to access and work on any of the electrical system.

     The next step was spending entirely too much time and the hardware store trying to figure out how to put in the drain.  It looks like a regular tub drain might be my best bet, but I'm going to go dig around at West Marine this weekend to see if I can come up with a different method.

No comments: