Thursday, January 6, 2011

Framing out the engine box

     Sorry, but no pictures of what I did today.  I spent most of the afternoon finishing the build out of the battery box and started framing out the engine box and then making cardboard layouts for the plywood that will cover the front and top.  Eventually I will add hinges to one or both of these pieces, but I am in no hurry here.  I figured it was more important just to get them in place for now.  The piece on the port side will have to wait until I decide how big to make the icebox, and more importantly, what I am doing with the old ice-loading hatch above it.

     I bought a battery box for the battery, but it turned out to be too small for the existing battery, so I will have to return it.  For now I have it just sitting in place.  I mounted the battery charger on the side of the galley where it will be covered by the engine box, but out of the way of the shelf in there that folds up.

     I still haven't figured out how big of a bilge pump to get, so I just hooked up the old one in a very temporary fashion.  I should have taken a picture of this. The wires running over the floor from the battery to the pump are pretty impressive.

     I have to work tomorrow, but the plan for the next day is to cut out the plywood and cover this up.  Hopefully I'll have made some decisions about the bilge pump and the icebox by then and can continue on to them.
   

No comments: