Monday, July 11, 2011

     Today, with the help of a few marina friends, I installed the main sail and cover for it.  One step closer to sailing!  The genoa is next, but I figured one sail was good enough for today.  Plus I need someone to explain the roller furling to me before I attempt it.  I did discover a couple of broken pieces in the rigging that will need to be fixed as well.  One thing always leads to another doesn't it?

     Working  inside the boat didn't last as long as I was hoping for today.  It is too damn hot to be stuck inside that cabin for very long.  I was sweating bullets.  I did get a little bit of work accomplished though.  I got the bottom half of the two backrest supports epoxied in place as well as getting the shelf supports cut and put in place.  A couple pieces of cardboard were used to make the shelf templates but I didn't actually get those cut out yet.  I am planning on using the old backrest, but first I am going to be using it as a template for the new backrest so I didn't want to cut it up yet.  I need to prime everything before putting them in place as well so no biggie.  I  want to use the part that has 234 engraved in it; I figure it would be kind of nice to leave it.  Who knows, maybe in 20 years or so someone else will be redoing the boat and get as excited to find these numbers as I did.

No comments: