Monday, July 11, 2011

Organizing Sails

     This post actually should have been up yesterday but the wife decided we should go swimming and have strawberry daiquiris instead.  Who am I to argue with that kind of logic?

     Earlier in the day we started going through all the sails trying to figure out what we had, what was good, was wasn't, and what goes where.  There is a brand new genoa and main sail in the black bags on the right of the picture.  I  brought those and three separate jibs out to the boat along with the main sail cover.  All the other stuff I tried to organize a bit and put back in the barn.  I know some of it is trash and should be thrown out, but I am a little leery of doing so right now.  I don't want to get rid of something I might need in the future.

     One of the neat things I found was the old main sail.  It seems to be pretty beat up and in pretty rough shape but I love the additions on it.  It has the #234 on it as well as the Triton logo up above it.  I would love to remove these and have them put on the new sail.  I have no idea if that it feasible or not but I think I'm going to look in to having it done.  Either that or maybe new copies.

     The wife and I took all this stuff out to the boat and then used the marinas pool.  I hate the thought of having to re up the contract here because of the price but I sure do like having the boat and a pool so close to home.  The slip fee is due the first of the month if I want to keep it here.  Time to make some decisions or win the lotto.

No comments: