Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Gooseneck track

I found a 7/8" piece of track to replace the one I removed at a local consignment shop for $2.00.  Sold!  It is a different style but the dimensions are correct.  Of course the holes didn't line up so I had to drill and tap new holes.  A little sealant, a little lock tight, a couple of new screws and it is back on.

Now for some reason though the boom just slides right off the bottom of the track.  I can't remember what used to hold it in place.  I walked around the marina looking for anything similar but couldn't find anything remotely like mine.  All newer and flashier boats.  Not many 50 year old boats around here it seems.

I was hoping on getting a bit more done today but it is just too damn hot.  I decided to go home and find something to do in the AC.  I'll leave you with the pictures of old vs new.


No comments: