Thursday, July 7, 2011

Odds & Ends

     This is where the picture of my work would go if my phone would cooperate and upload the photo.  Oh well, it wasn't too exciting anyways.


     I started off today by finishing the track replacement.  It turns out all I needed to hold the goose neck in place was a machine screw with a rounded head instead of the flat.  Nothing like something so obvious to make you feel a little stupid.

     The second job done today was sealing off the drain in the icebox with some silicone.  Now it should be waterproof, but I don't want to test it until I finish the shut off valve on the drain.  That shouldn't be too hard to do, I just haven't gotten around to it yet.

     I then moved over to the starboard side seating area.  I have tried so many things to get the left over funk off the side and nothing has worked.  Today I broke down and bought a 80 grit sanding disk thingy that attaches to my grinder.  Messy as hell, but it sure took that funk off.  Now I have a bare slate to stick stuff to and paint.

     With that done I laid the old backrest in place to use as a template and worked on sizing out the supports and shelving that will fit behind it.  Back to cutting cardboard.  The whole thing will be similar to the port side, but instead of having a piece coming up for the electronics, there will be a cutout in the rear that will allow use of a trash bag or small trash can without having to open any hatches.  That is the plan anyways, we'll see how it works out.

No comments: