Monday, February 14, 2011

Starting back up

     I just got back from New Orleans last night, so back to the boat I go.  I didn't have any specific work planned for today which turned out to be good.  I seem to have left most of my tools in the trunk of the car my wife took to work today.  Oops.  I did stop out for a bit today but couldn't do a whole lot.  Instead I grabbed a bunch of sandpaper and headed back home. 

     The weather was wonderful, so I hung out on the back porch with the dog, cranked up the radio and started sanding down the two pieces of wood used to hold the cushions in place.  Unfortunately I forgot to get a "before" picture before I started.  The back side of the port side piece is covered with all sorts of sticky residue from where it was taped before a paint job.  This tape then proceeded to sit there for who knows how many years and is proving difficult to get off.  Anyone know a good cleaner to help with this?  How about a good varnish to use when I'm finished?

    
     Back to work tomorrow, then hopefully back at it on Wednesday.

2 comments:

Fiddler's Green said...

Hope your Nola trip was pleasure and not business. Mardi Gras perhaps? I used Petit on the handrail and really liked it. It's super nice to use and not outrageously expensive. Using helmsman right now and it's a lot more saggy.

JD said...

The trip was a working vacation. Had to clean up the house and find new tenants, but had a little fun as well. Thought about sending you a pic of your old place.

Thanks for the tip, I'll have to check it out. Nice to use sounds good to me.