Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Slacker

     My boat work today was a little weak.  I stopped by Home Depot and bought a replacement for a drill bit I broke and a hinge for the icebox.  Pretty impressive huh?

     To be fair, we had a pretty good house fire last night and I didn't get to bed until around 3 in the morning.  Cold weather, ice, and lots of water leads to a pretty vicious work environment, and my backside is feeling it.  I may have fallen a time or 12.  To help make up for it I just had some soup and a home brewed copper ale (thanks R!) for lunch, and the rest of my day is going to involve laying on the couch, in bed, or a combination of both.

     Tomorrow I plan on getting the port side backrest trimmed down to size and primed.  After that who knows.  I have had some ideas about stuff I have already done and want to improve on, so maybe I'll go backwards a bit.  I want to cut the top of the engine box and install a hinge so it can swivel up out of the way, and some sort of track so that the front can slide up and out when needed.  The top piece will hold it in place with some sort of latch.  Never ends, does it?

     Until tomorrow....

No comments: