Monday, February 28, 2011

Disapearing shit

     I spent this morning in Annapolis running some errends, so while I was up there I finally broke down and bought some insulation to start working on the ice box again.  I ended up going with a piece of two inch thick "blueboard" with a claimed rating of R-14.  Doubled up this should be more than enough. 

      Of course it turned into quite the adventure trying to get it home.  I had the wifes car so I had more room, but still not near enough.  After cutting it in half I stuck it in the trunk, tied the trunk as close to closed as I could get it, and stuffed a sleeping bag (conveniently in the trunk from the NOLA trip) in the remaining gap to keep it from bouncing up and down.  I brought this stuff out to the boat only to discover I had to cut the pieces down even more to get them through the hatch and into the boat.  This would have been so much easier if I had just measured the opening to begin with.  Then I could have cut it into smaller pieces at Home Depot to begin with and not deal with the slow drive home.

     I didn't stay long because a nasty storm was blowing in and on the way out I noticed something wrong about the cockpit.  It took me a while to figure out what it was.  Remember the waste holding tank I removed that still had some leftovers in it?  Turns out someone decided it belonged to them and removed it for me.  I guess I don't need to figure out how to empty it afterall, and it makes the decision about reusing it a lot easier. It also made a great name for this post.

1 comment:

Fiddler's Green said...

Somebody stole your holding tank?!!! That's a sign of the crappy times we live in I guess (rim shot for emphasis). I hope you weren't planning on re-using it.