Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Back at it

     Yesterday I was a lazy slug and didn't even leave the house let alone go work on the boat.  It's nice to be able to do that now and then.  Being nice and refreshed, I spent about six hours today working at the marina.

     I broke down and cut out an opening for the electrical panel to start.  I started sanding out the new cuts and kept right on sanding.  I got pretty much the entire port side of the salon area before running out of sandpaper.  After lots of cleaning, letting dust settle, and cleaning some more, I primed it all.  What an amazing differance.

     After priming I started playing around with the wood around the main hatch.  Several  of the pieces are broken and need some attention so I dug out the plugs and started trying to remove some pieces to see how it all goes together.  This turned into a nightmare.  Nothing wanted to come out like it should and multiple cracks and breaks made themselves visable.  There is a lot of previous repair work done here and I think I might just try to build all new.  As if I don't already have enough to do out here.

No comments: