Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Another boat?

     I seem to be accumulating boats.  Meet boat # 3, a little kayak for the back yard creek.  It is a little old, has seen a lot of use, and could definitley use a paint job.  But, the price was right.  I paid $60 for the kayak, 2 spray skirts, a helmet, and the paddle.  I've been looking for a used kayak for a while now and cannot believe how much people think a used one is worth.  "I bought it new 4 years ago for $575, yours for only $500!"  Stupid people.

     I didn't get anything accomplished today regarding boats except for picking up the kayak and bringing it home.  I got completely demolished at work last night and when I got home I fell asleep for seven hours.  So much for being productive today.  I have some stuff I need to do around the house in the morning, and I plan on at least trying out the kayak, but hopefully I can make it out to the marina in the afternoon.  The weather is supposed to be nice and I already have the plywood and epoxy to get moving on the icebox.  Cross your fingers.

No comments: