Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Still sticky, but not as messy

     I didn't get around to posting yesterday, but I did do some work out at the boat.  Not sure if I'll make it out there today or not though, the weather is looking pretty crappy.

     I got a second coat of epoxy on the icebox liner and got the corners rounded out much better.  Before I could do this though I had to clean the blush from the previous epoxy, sand it down, and clean it up.  Not a very pleasant process seeing as how much of it has to be done leaning into the icebox from above.

     I also spent some time working on the larger of the two lids for the icebox.  I got it marked out, cut out, and began the process of finishing it.  I cut out pieces of "1/4 plywood to surround the "box" of plywood and insulation that makes up the cover.  This should keep it from falling apart nearly as quickly.  I glued the pieces for the four sides on and just have the bottom piece left.  Now I need to figure out some way to keep it from just falling through and some sort of handle to lift it up and out of the way.

      I couldn't use the camera to get any pictures of the work I did because I was covered in glue and didn't think that would be good for my little Nikon.  Maybe sometime today during a break in the rain I can go out and snap a few to post.

No comments: