Saturday, April 16, 2011

Both boats

     I started off yesterday working on the fishing boat.  The battery is out and sitting on the charger.  Once that is fully charged I can reinstall it and hook everything up.  I got the bilge pump hooked back up, the wires near the battery all straightened up with new connectors, and I got the pieces I need to reinstall the swimming ladder.  The only reason I didn't install it is because of the sealent.  I plan on using a little bit of 4200, but it is expensive and goes bad once it is opened.  I'm going to be using the same stuff to secure the icebox lid in place in the sailboat, so I figured I should wait until that is ready and use up the remaining 4200 there.

     That gave me a perfect excuse to head to the marina and work on the icebox.  I spent a couple hours out there yesterday afternoon doing just that.  I worked on covering the visable foam where the larger lid from the cooler is going to be with 1/4" plywood.  Of course nothing fits like I planned so it caused more work than I expected.  Shocker, I know.  Lots of cutting, lots of sanding, and lots of trial and error.  It seems to be coming along nicely, just a little slower than expected.

No comments: