Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Wrong Boat

     The power boat just came back from the engine shop, so for a while (including yesterday) I will be working on its projects before moving back over to the sailboat.

     Yesterday was spent combing the frame of the old bimini top with the cloth from a new (to us) one that got delivered Sunday.  The new frame didn't fit the boat and the old one had cloth that seems to be 80 years old with multiple rips.  After more aggravation than this should cause and only one trip to West Marine it is installed.  I only have a little tightening of the straps left to do and it will be finished.

     I am going to have to work on a bilge pump that has stopped working as well as resealing the whole center part of the boat.  At the end of last season I had to lift the floor up so I could install a new shift cable and never got around to finishing.  I would like to have it done before putting it back in the water for the year.  The worst part is the paint. The bottom is due for a coat and showing it badly, so I'm going to figure out how to lift a boat off a trailer and make it all pretty.

    

No comments: