Friday, January 13, 2012

Short day

     My available time to work on the boat today was shortened.  Because it is a holiday weekend the wife is getting off work early and I'm going to meet her out for happy hour.  Terrible shame.

     I got the fiddles for the locker and the head almost finished today.  They are all sanded down in preparation for being varnished.  What an improvement already over the purple and yellow that got sanded off.  I also have them (temporarily) installed.  I am going to take them back off to varnish the backs and bottoms.  Once that is done I will put them back on, fill in the screw holes, and varnish the fronts.  This most likely won't happen until after the painting.

     I also sanded out the floor of the head and a couple other areas and pieces of bare wood in preparation for priming and painting.  That will be another drastic improvement.

     Not a lot of time today, but I did get a decent amount accomplished.  Working tomorrow and off with the wife the next couple of days, so you probably won't hear from me until Wednesday of next week.

No comments: