Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Wet tools

     The plan today was to do some sanding in the head.  Unfortunately, when I got out there my sander was sitting in a puddle of water.  Stupid leak.  Kind of hard to stick on the sandpaper in that condition, let alone use a wet power tool.  I set the sander outside in the sunlight to dry and proceeded to do some long over due cleaning and straightening up.

     I then moved on to fitting some fiddles for the shelves in the head.  I cut them to size from some left over painted wood I removed earlier in this whole process.  I honestly don't even remember where they originally were.  Hopefully I don't find out later that I still need them.  By this time my sander had dried, so I removed all the old yellow and purple paint from the new fiddles, and sanded the edges down to get a good fit.  I decided to leave the installation for another day.

     Next I moved over to the PVC pass throughs and sanded them down smooth.  I removed a big portion with a chisel first because of how much was there before sanding.  Of course that led to problems.  I chipped a piece off I didn't want to.  Oh well, what can you do?

     Now that I'm sitting at home I can't seem to get the pictures to upload from my phone.  I'll either dig out the cord later tonight or just wait until I get better connection.  Either way, there are a couple pictures that will be added to this post.

     Here are a couple of pictures to help explain.  Picture being worth a thousand words and all.

No comments: