Sunday, January 8, 2012

Been a while

     It's been a while since I have posted.  The main reason is that it has been a while since I have done any work on the boat.  We drove up to MI for Christmas to spend some time with family, went to Baltimore for New Years, my brother came down for a little visit, and I've been trying to cram in some OT for a planned vacation to Costa Rica in February.  Also, I brewed another batch of beer.  IPA this time.

     I did get out for little bit last week.  I cut out three holes in the forward head bulkhead for the sewage hoses to run through.  I still haven't bought a holding tank, but I'm actually leaning towards re purposing the existing (old and gross) water tank and installing a new water tank sometime in the future.  We are only planning on day trips so a couple loose gallon jugs should work fine for the time being.  After cleaning up my cut outs I put a couple pieces of 2" PVC in to make everything look cleaner.  They are epoxied in place and will be sanded smooth next time I get out there.  To the right you can see them pre-sanding.

     Next step in here is the floor.  I think I'm going to grind it smooth, patch up any rough areas, and paint it with some sort of super durable paint.  No idea on the color, but that isn't my department anyways.

     Hopefully life has calmed down for a bit and I'll be able to spend a bit more time out there in the next couple of weeks.  I'll keep you updated.

No comments: