Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Last couple of days

     So I have been lax in my posting, but I have been making progress at the boat.  No long days, but just picking away,

     I have sanded down the first coat of filling epoxy on the icebox entrance and have put down a second.  I'm pretty sure this will do it, and once it is sanded smooth I will paint it to match the inside. Still not sure if I want to paint the cover or leave it the way it is.

     I have also been picking away at the head and hanging locker areas.  In the hanging locker I made some cardboard templates for the shelves that will be towards the back.  I have also been thinking about changes to the front.  It was supposed to have a bar for hanging jackets and such, but I'm not sure I'm going to do that.  It would be nice, but this isn't going to be a boat I'm living on, just using for day trips and maybe an occasional overnighter.  I'm thinking about making it into a storage area for the unused sails and sail bags, but I haven't figured out how to do it yet.  Anyone have any suggestions?

     In the head I finished removing stuff I didn't get around to finishing earlier.  I also decided to put a couple of shelves back where the holding tank used to be rather than wasting the space.  If I put in another holding tank it is going to be in the V berth so this opened up quite a bit of space.  To trim it out I will use a nice teak frame that used to be back here that was painted a garish purple color.  Who would do that?  I sanded it down today using 60 grit just to get the majority of the old paint off. I will be going over this with progressively finer grits before varnishing it.  The before and after pictures are below.

No comments: