Sunday, August 14, 2011

More electrical

     Kind of a late entry.  The following relates to the work I did last Friday.

      I bought some 3" bolts and nuts to put on the back protective piece of the battery disconnect and after hooking up the positive leads I secured it in place.  I also hooked up the cables to the battery and the one smaller line for constant power for the bilge pump.  The only thing left I have to do down here is finish up the drain for the icebox, clean everything up, and give it all a final coat of paint.

     I have some rough cut outs on the panel for a couple of the things that will be mounted here and I installed the panel with a hinge that runs the length of the bottom.  I need to figure out how to lock it in place at some point, but no hurry right now.  If you look close you can see how poor of a job I did cutting the hinge to size.  I have plenty more of it to fix this if I ever decide to.  The rough edges from where I cut out the cover will be covered with some pieces of trim eventually.  I installed two bus bars inside for the positive and negative leads coming from the battery and hooked them up.  I also started the permanent wiring for the bilge pump.  All the wires are terminated with "O" ring crimp connectors, soldered in place, and covered with heat shrink.  This is pretty time consuming, but I would rather take a little longer and only have to do it once rather than having to redo it later.

     The day ended early with a trip to the pool to cool off.  Once that happens it is a little difficult to get back to work.  Such is life.

   

No comments: