Monday, August 1, 2011

Back from our trip

     Well, we made it through the 8 day, multi-state, family vacation alive but a little beat down.  I got a little sailing instruction while in Newport, got to taste almost 100 different types of cheese and a bunch of local beer at the Vermont Cheesemakers Festival, and I also stuffed my face with a couple of lobsters while in Boston.  Food wise it was a pretty damn good trip.

     I know I said in the last post that we were going to wait until today to move the boat over, but we decided at the last moment that we should do it before leaving.  That way if there was a problem we would still have today to take care of it.  It was insanely hot so we didn't attempt any sailing, we just ran straight to the new marina.  Thankfully it went very smoothly and the boat now sits in its new home within sight of the local tiki bar.  That is sure to get in the way of at least a little progress this year.

     Today I probably won't get a lot of time out there because of house cleaning, laundry, and an assortment of other chores that need to be taken care of after a week of slacking off but I am hoping to stop out there just to make sure everything is OK and that I don't have any notices or anything hanging on the boat. Then tomorrow it is back to work.  Joy.

No comments: