Monday, September 12, 2011

More wiring

     I started off today by wiring up the radio.  I figured I had worked in silence long enough and it is time for some tunes.  I didn't get the speakers mounted or speaker wire run, but I did get all the connections from the radio to the panel done.  You know the drill, crimped connections, solder, and heat shrink.  Unfortunately, I forgot to check to make sure the radio actually worked before I hooked everything up, and I couldn't get it to turn on.  I didn't have my meter with me to see if it was a power problem, but the marine radio is on the same circuit and it works fine.  Not looking good.  Thankfully I have another radio I pulled out of the wife's car after she met a deer up close and personal.  I will have to splice in a new connector for the speakers or redo them.  Also, I need an antenna.  No tunes yet it seems.

     While I was wiring, I installed a new connector for the wiring running up the mast to the running lights.  There is a 2 conductor with an old connector and a 3 wire coming from the bottom of the mast, so I decided to try the 3.  I bought a water proof, through deck, 4 conductor connection and wired it in.  I installed a small junction bar on the inside were the wires run in but didn't get around to hooking it up.  I still need to buy the wire to run from here back to the panel, so no hurry.  The pictures below show the inside and outside view.


No comments: