Tuesday, May 3, 2011

All Three

     I spent a little bit of time on all three boats today.  The kayak got taken out for a little spin, but sadly, I didn't see any wildlife other than ducks this time.  The fishing boat got the swimming ladder installed, so it is ready to be put in the water as soon as the sealant dries.  I'm working tomorrow, but the day after that is looking good.  It's rockfish season after all.

     My time at the sailboat was spent on the icebox, of course.  I got the last of the plywood coverings installed and most of it sanded down.  When I ran out of sandpaper I decided to call it quits for the day.  The next step is fitting everything together to make sure my measurements are correct.  Judging by the way the project has been going so far I have a feeling I will need to make some adjustments.  Once everything is fitted together I will give all the plywood a coating of epoxy to seal them up.  After that I just have to lay the glass inside, paint everything, and close it up.  What a glorious day that will be.  I think the top cooler is going to be put on hold for a while until I get some other things accomplished.  It will be nice to take a break from it.

No comments: